Make Ahead Thanksgiving Side Dishes are a great way to add a bit of variety and sweetness to your Thanksgiving dinner. And if you’re looking for Thanksgiving sides, you’ve come to the right place. Here we’ve shared some of the best make ahead side dishes for the Thanksgiving feast. From Thanksgiving stuffing and mashed potatoes to Thanksgiving casseroles there is something for everyone.
The day before Thanksgiving is the perfect time to make side dishes for your Thanksgiving meal.
These side dishes can be made the day before, so you have time to let them sit in the fridge overnight.
The flavors will get better and more complex as they sit, making them even more delicious when it’s time to serve them up at your big feast on Turkey Day.
Use these tips to get your family in the kitchen before you even sit down for dinner.
- Make mashed potatoes ahead of time and store in your refrigerator until ready to use.
- Make stuffing ahead of time and store in your refrigerator until ready to use, then bake it right before serving with turkey or roast chicken.
- Make roasted vegetables such as carrots and sweet potatoes ahead of time and store separately from the turkey in the refrigerator until ready to serve alongside the turkey or roast chicken, or just on their own as sides!
- Make gravy ahead of time and store in your refrigerator until ready to use, then heat at serving time with turkey or roast chicken so everyone can enjoy a rich gravy with their meal!
These recipes are perfect for serving with any kind of main dish.
Whether it’s turkey or chicken, these side dishes are sure to please any guest at your table this year!
15. Thanksgiving Stuffing
14. Vegetable Casserole
13. Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cinnamon Butternut Squash
12. Classic Macaroni Salad
11. Brown Butter Garlic Honey Roasted Carrots
10. Wild Mushroom Stuffing
09. Homemade Cranberry Sauce
08. Honey-Glazed Roasted Carrots
07. Cheesy Baked Mashed Potatoes
06. Classic Green Beans Almondine
05. Creamed Spinach
04. Sweet and Sour Brussels Sprouts
03. Corn Casserole
02. Sweet Potato Casserole
01. Mashed Potatoes